Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Back in Fayetteville, NC

As of last Wednesday Robert, Kiba and I are back in North Carolina. Things just didn't work out the way we anticipated and there are any number of good reasons to be here in North Carolina. The least of which is Sean. We packed up our "stuff" in Des Moines and had the truck loaded a week ago Monday (June 1st) then began the trek down here. We didn't get away from Des Moines till around 1300 hours on Monday so we broke the trip into three days rather than the usual two. It is a very pretty drive, especially through Kentucky with all the horse farms dotting the scenary. We made it here relatively early on Wednesday, a little after noon.

Saturday Sean and one of his buddies helped unload the truck and put most everything in storage for the time being. Our plan at this point is to look for and rent a house at which time our household stuff will come out of storage. There were some things that we bought into the apartment like our bed and dresser. You should have seen those guys huffing and puffing dragging that dresser up to Sean's third floor apartment. Youth is a wonderful thing.

I have found a knitting group here in Fayetteville that is really active and is full of nice and informative women. In fact, one of the ladies in the knitting group is in our new ward here in Fayetteville. It really is a small world. While I miss Joyce and the girls like crazy I can't say that the prospect of no more Iowa winters is certainly appealing. I have a fondness for the ocean and we are about 1 1/2 hours from the ocean here. Another huge plus in my opinion. I am anxious to get into a house and have all my things around me but for the time being the apartment is comfortable and we are adjusting.

No comments: