Monday, March 2, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy

Now that Robert and Kiba (Sean's dog) have returned to Iowa with Sean at work I have a LOT of free time. Since I have been here I have been doing all the cleaning, washing and cooking. Basically Mom stuff. While Sean tends to be pretty tidy there are just some things that I think guys don't necessarily think of. Like scrubbing the rim of the toilet bowl, boy was that gross. Another thing would be vacuuming. You know going around the edges by the baseboard with the edge cleaner, moving the coffee table, going under the bed. I feel fairly confident that this apartment is probably the cleanest it has been since he moved in here. Now that Kiba is gone and I don't have to worry about running him out I have even more time to do stuff. Although, I have to say that I miss him because he was a lot of company during the day and I could talk to him, cry with him and he just listened without offering any kind of input, positive or negative. Of course, like all dogs he seemed to think that a good lick from the dog cures your woes and he is surprisingly right. Before Robert left on Saturday I laid in a supply of reading materials and I organized the yarn I had with me into plastic bags with their respective patterns (okay, I know it is a little OCD but that is just me). I suspect that I am going to be getting a lot of knitting done.

It was really cruddy here in NC this morning. It has been snowing although it looks like it is already melting off. It was very gloomy but the sun is trying to come out. It was really cold for here too. Unfortunately it is not supposed to get very warm here today. I am focusing on later in the week when the temperature is going to be in the high 60's and eventually into the 70's. Thank goodness I also got some more spring like clothes the other day as all I bought with me was really winter stuff. I am hoping to motivate Sean to get some collapsible chairs to put out on his little patio. I enjoy sitting outside and reading, knitting or just enjoying the fresh air when the days are warmer.

I think we may be making some progress on the drinking issue. He seems to be trying very hard not to drink like he had been. I feel like he is making some progress on that front and that certainly is positive. I am going to talk to his psychologist about putting him on a anti-depressant and something to help him sleep. Hopefully, that will help with the anger/sadness about what occured in Iraq and help with the drinking because he is self-medicating himself to deal with these issues. The more we can keep him from drinking the sooner he can enter a program to deal with the PTSD.

I am so thankful for all the prayers and long distance support I have gotten, for people putting our names on the prayer list in the Temple. Thanks again for all this loving support.

No comments: