Saturday, February 28, 2009

Still Hanging Out in NC

This past week has been incredibly frustrating. Robert arrived a week ago and the intent was to take me and Kiba back home to Iowa while Sean entered his PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) program. We had a pretty good weekend, got Sean all packed up on Sunday night and we all headed out to our various destinations early Monday morning. We got a call from Sean just as we were getting to Lexington, KY saying he was turned away from his program, we later found out that he had failed the breathalizer. So we turned around and headed back to Fayetteville, NC and arrived back here early on Tuesday afternoon. Robert took the rest of the week off to be here and try to help get this circus organized. We have talked to tons of people, found out that the Army is really messed up and really didn't get any solid answers from anyone. There has been lots of praying and tears of frustration that we seem to be at some sort of stalemate as to how to get him treated. The week culminated with Robert and Kiba (Sean's dog) leaving this morning to return to Iowa with me staying here with Sean. Today I am very melancholy . . . I feel like I am spinning my wheels. Hopefully, I can annoy enough people early enough in the week to come that we can try to get some kind of resolution or at a minimum start making some real progress towards solving this dilema.

While it is incredibly hard for me to apart from Robert we both truly feel that at this moment in time I need to be here with Sean. If it means I have to pat him down every single day for a bottle of alcohol, so be it. The hardest thing is the lack of a support system here. Robert does a wonderful job from a distance but it is just not the same as having him here with me. Plus, this time I don't even have the dog for company when Sean is at work! I have also had to buy some new outfits as I packed for winter and Spring is really trying to begin here. Although, they do have snow forecast for tomorrow so it is kind of hard to see. Thank Heavenly Father for small blessings like Target.

2 comments:

meghan said...

Im sorry you have hit a set back. I am sure that is frusterating. You sound like a wonderful mom, willing to stay and fight to get your son help. I will keep you guys in my prayers and hope that he is able to get some treatment soon.

Mom of 5 Gents said...

I put you and Sean back on the prayer roll in Nauvoo Saturday. Keep on keeping on, Lynda. Heavenly Father hears your pleas and will help you find a way.