Thursday, December 10, 2009

New Home

Well the moving truck finally arrived on Monday and at 11:30 p.m. they were still unloading our "stuff". The only thing we managed to get together then was our bed and did it ever feel good to sleep in our own bed again. The rest of the week I have managed to get the kitchen unpacked, set up the guest bedroom, get our room unpacked and arranged and even hung some pictures today. I am working on getting the Christmas decorations up and spent some time with Izzy today explaining why Baby Jesus wasn't in the manager yet, I don't think she quite understood what I was saying.

It is nice to have busy days with things to do. It makes the day go quicker and there is less time to dwell on the events of the past couple of months. Sometimes it just hits me that Sean is really gone. I can't believe that I have actually buried one of my children. It seems to come in waves and there really doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to what causes the sudden sadness and feeling of loss. This is without a doubt the hardest thing that I have ever done in my life. No parent should be there for a child's birth and to hold their hand when they leave this world. However, I have peace with everything that has happened. I know that he is in a better place and is finally at peace and is happy and isn't that really all that we want for our children. I know that he is waiting for us and preparing a place for us for when we are all together again one day. Izzy said it best as she was looking at our manger and was talking about the angel, "Angels protect and love us just like Uncle Sean."

In other news and unless you are in some huge news vacuum the big news here has been snow, followed by more snow followed by bone chilling temperatures. Robert was ahead of the curve this week and went and purchased a mondo snow blower before the big snow. It is comical to watch him outside with the "Tim Taylor" (Home Improvement) snow blower doing our driveway, sidewalks and helping the neighbors.

This Sunday we are taking Rachel to see the Nutcracker at Hoyt Sherman here in Des Moines. I hope she is excited about it as I am looking forward to the time with her and Robert. This is our special Christmas treat for her. Joyce and I took Izzy to Disney: Princesses on Ice for her special treat and she really enjoyed it. It is nice to be back in Des Moines and to be able to see the girls and do things with them. Hopefully soon Jonah will be able to do things with us but he is still a little young and it quite the Daddy's boy right now.

This kind of catches everyone up on who, where and what of this adventure we call life.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Lynda, I just got caught up on your blog, and am shocked and so saddened to hear of Sean's death. I am glad that you are back in Des Moines, and that you all survived the storm earlier this week ... my parents' street still hasn't been cleared!

How wonderful that so many people called you to tell you how much Sean meant to them. My deepest sympathies to you and your family.

Zonda said...

Waving hi! Glad you are getting settled back home and keeping busy with your family!

Take care, think of you often!